Light Nelson is set to brighten up the winter with an outdoor gallery of installations from over 40 artists, in the our lovely Queens Gardens and the NMIT campus. Art, science and technology come together in art works featuring laser technology, digital imagery, performance, music and shadow-puppetry.
Put yourself in the light and be part of this fantastic community event!
To help keep Light Nelson safe and enjoyable for the many visitors we need the support of volunteers to help with the following:
- Really positive outgoing people at entry and exit points of Queens Gardens
- Front of house ushers for Old St Johns Church for NEON musical performances
- Fun, creative, helpers for kids’ workshops, face painting, glow in the dark chalkdrawing etc.
- Helpers for some of the interactive installations within both the Queens Gardens & NMIT Campus
- General helpers/guides to protect high risk areas such as bridges, ponds and no-go pathways
This year Light Nelson will run over five nights from 8 – 12 July, open to the public from 5.30 – 9.30 pm each evening.
Entry to Light Nelson is free for the whole community but to help make this possible we need your help with these key areas.
To spread the load we require over 100 volunteers for the event, each ideally committing to 2 or 3 shifts over the five nights. Each shift will be just 2.5 hours as we plan to rotate helpers over a spilt shift schedule.
If you think you would like to be a part of this wonderful FREE community event please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Kate Alexander via the details below with your name and contact details, a clear indication of how much time you are happy to contribute and which area you think is best suited to you.
Thank you for your support!
The Light Nelson Team.
Volunteer Coordinator – Kate Alexander Ph: 0275 469 971